from John
Hey all. John here. Granted you are probably not going to get the eloquence with which my beautiful wife writes. However, you'll get new pics and stuff. Here are a few more pics from some of our adventures and new happenings in our lives. We hope all is well with everyone. Enjoy!!
This is the newest edition to our family. Granted most of you didn't know our other Subaru but she (Georgia was her name) was getting rather old (235,000 miles old). This is our new car--yet to be named--which we picked up from a dealer. No major problems but needed some work anyway. The cruise control wasn't working, no fog lights, and one of the headlights was broken. Well thanks to determination and time spent on various Subaru message boards the cruise control is fixed (cost of 2 pennies.... and some duct tape), the headlight is brand new (thanks to Ebay) and the fog lights are in place (thanks to a wrecking yard and a gentleman from Guatamala who helped me take them off a wrecked car). We--well I mostly--love our new car. [This is totally not true, I ALSO love the new car! And, John did not tell you how he scored a deal and ended up talking the dealer down from $8,000 to $4,500 and then we sold my green subaru for $2700, so the entire deal cost us $1800 -- and the inside is spotless and looks brand new!! -- such a good wittle husband! With all that in savings I can go on a HUGE SHOPPING SPREE!!! Just kidding love!] Now Jeanette is not embarassed to ride in my car.
For those of you who don't already know, you can get bonus points if you can tell us what my license plate means!
And if you look really close at the mountains behind the car you'll see the first snow of the year on Mount Timpanogos. Ahh the changing of the seasons.
For those of you who don't already know, you can get bonus points if you can tell us what my license plate means!
And if you look really close at the mountains behind the car you'll see the first snow of the year on Mount Timpanogos. Ahh the changing of the seasons.
Here are a few pics from our trip to see Jaques and April in Virginia. Jaques and I took a day and went to the Air and Space Museum near Dulles International Airport. This is probably one of the coolest jets ever built, the SR-71 Blackbird. It was so cool to see it up close and personal.
Space Shuttle Enterprise. Never went to space but was used for atmospheric testing--landing, flight controls, etc. It was really cool to see how big this really is.
Here is a little clip from my first flight in a paraglider. Jeanette gave me this flight as an anniversary gift. I usually take pretty good video pics but with my small camera it didn't work quite so well.
In about a month I'll be moving in to a brand new hospital. Here is a link with a little more information. http://intermountainhealthcare.org/xp/public/imed/. It is called Intermountain Medical Center or I-MED for short. Why I-MED I'm not sure. I think it sounds a lot like Ipod. It has taken a few years and about $550 million or so dollars to build. My ICU is about 7 times the size of the one I'm in now. It's exciting to move in to a brand new hospital. I don't know many people that have that chance.
Comments