Colorado
Road-trippin' in Colorado

Hellooooo... well, we continue making our way vacationing across this wide, crazy world that we live in, and our latest stop is Colorado. Now, I don't want to give the impression that John and I just have this fabulous life where we get to travel endlessly, even though I understand that it could be percieved that way. Life is super hectic with work for me. I can't even express the number of daily crisis that make me utterly exhausted and wishing that I drank heavily at a mere 10 a.m. in the morning. (This is the reason that we HAVE to vacation so much...) Saturdays seem completely rushed with chores and run to the grocery stores, and if braving the thronging crowds of Walmart isn't enough to make us want to take a cyanide capsule and just lay down for a nap..... well, I don't know what is.
And if that wasn't enough to just send us over the edge, then knowing that John and I are in charge of nursery in church every Sunday... Now, granted, most of the kids are darling and oh, so cute. But, then there's "Sarah" (named changed to protect the guilty) who will steal the pink purse from anyone who DARES show any interest in it. And there's "Lisa" who should not be fed before nursery because she seriously has some way, waaaayyyyyy stinky diapers. And I could go on about at least 8 other toddlers who create a need for a 6 hour nap after church.
So, now that you can see the NEED for vacations, I will proceed to share our latest! ;-) During the "Fall Break" for teachers in Utah, we drove to Colorado and used a time share to spend a few days in Vail. Man, that place is a ghost town when it's not ski season. And for that reason alone, we loved it. It was quiet and we played raquetball, a little tennis and drove to explore some pretty towns close by.

This is a place called Glenwood Springs. We thought it a lovely little town and John even found a new hospital. We stopped in so John could ask some nursing questions. They were quite excited that John appeared to be interested in working there. After they told us the AVERAGE housing price was $600,000 (!!!) and nurses make about $45,000 a year... they witnessed the light go out in our eyes.
They did have a puzzling sign up... anyone have any idea what this sign means?????

We did hike up to Doc Hollidays grave and John filled me in on Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp.


This is about the only picture that I could get John to actually not make a rediculous face for. (I'll show you what I mean later)

On the way back we went through Rocky Mountain National Park. It was beautiful, although the day we went through we happened upon a blizzard, so unfortunately we didn't stay too long.

John was being very impatient while I was setting up this perfect shot, while in my big warm jacket.

We managed to see a huge herd of elk. The elk bulls were buggling, which was the first time I had ever heard them. The only annoying thing was the dumb tourists that would try and drive their big SUV's right up about 1 foot away from them. And they parked their cars right where the elk were crossing so that they had to run, panic striken across the road. Argghhhh... tourists!
Hellooooo... well, we continue making our way vacationing across this wide, crazy world that we live in, and our latest stop is Colorado. Now, I don't want to give the impression that John and I just have this fabulous life where we get to travel endlessly, even though I understand that it could be percieved that way. Life is super hectic with work for me. I can't even express the number of daily crisis that make me utterly exhausted and wishing that I drank heavily at a mere 10 a.m. in the morning. (This is the reason that we HAVE to vacation so much...) Saturdays seem completely rushed with chores and run to the grocery stores, and if braving the thronging crowds of Walmart isn't enough to make us want to take a cyanide capsule and just lay down for a nap..... well, I don't know what is.
And if that wasn't enough to just send us over the edge, then knowing that John and I are in charge of nursery in church every Sunday... Now, granted, most of the kids are darling and oh, so cute. But, then there's "Sarah" (named changed to protect the guilty) who will steal the pink purse from anyone who DARES show any interest in it. And there's "Lisa" who should not be fed before nursery because she seriously has some way, waaaayyyyyy stinky diapers. And I could go on about at least 8 other toddlers who create a need for a 6 hour nap after church.
So, now that you can see the NEED for vacations, I will proceed to share our latest! ;-) During the "Fall Break" for teachers in Utah, we drove to Colorado and used a time share to spend a few days in Vail. Man, that place is a ghost town when it's not ski season. And for that reason alone, we loved it. It was quiet and we played raquetball, a little tennis and drove to explore some pretty towns close by.
This is a place called Glenwood Springs. We thought it a lovely little town and John even found a new hospital. We stopped in so John could ask some nursing questions. They were quite excited that John appeared to be interested in working there. After they told us the AVERAGE housing price was $600,000 (!!!) and nurses make about $45,000 a year... they witnessed the light go out in our eyes.
They did have a puzzling sign up... anyone have any idea what this sign means?????
We did hike up to Doc Hollidays grave and John filled me in on Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp.
This is about the only picture that I could get John to actually not make a rediculous face for. (I'll show you what I mean later)
On the way back we went through Rocky Mountain National Park. It was beautiful, although the day we went through we happened upon a blizzard, so unfortunately we didn't stay too long.
John was being very impatient while I was setting up this perfect shot, while in my big warm jacket.
We managed to see a huge herd of elk. The elk bulls were buggling, which was the first time I had ever heard them. The only annoying thing was the dumb tourists that would try and drive their big SUV's right up about 1 foot away from them. And they parked their cars right where the elk were crossing so that they had to run, panic striken across the road. Argghhhh... tourists!
Comments
Now I'm not knocking nursery in the least. Those kids are wonderful! But you have to admit that it requires a whole bunch of energy!
Loved the photos.