New Love Story!



This is a new twist to our love story!

When John and I first went out in September of 2005 he told me that he thought my apartment looked familiar and he thinks we might have gone out before.... he remembered walking up the steps of my apartment and "the girl he went out with" giving him a copy of Outside magazine with Lance Armstrong on the cover, and he remembered meeting my friend Liz (who was living with me at the time). But, I had NO RECOLLECTION of this date and was pretty sure that I had never seen John before. And Liz said she didn't remember. So, this whole time I have just thought that John was mistaken... I mean, why would he have not asked me out again, pullleaze!!

So, John and I are now cleaning out every odd corner our our townhouse to get ready for the move and I have my old, decrepit computer that I haven't touched since... 2004. We are going to completely erase everything and then give it to a recyle computer place. So, last night I'm looking through old documents and pictures to see what I want to keep and I found this picture of JOHN on my computer! I haven't touched this computer since 2004 and we didn't go out until 2005. So, how weird is that?! This picture was put on my computer in December 2003.

Seeing that picture triggers some old, dusty memories of me making this guy I was going out with, send me a picture of himself before we went out. So, last night John told me all the details of what he remembers (wow, could this date have been any LESS memorable??) and it triggered another memory of me and Liz seeing him wait outside my apartment because he had arrived SO early for our date -- yes, being married to me has caused him to compromise on his ETA. I also found his email address from an old email he had sent me back in November 2003. This has been blowing my mind all night!

So, the gist of it is... thank heavens John didn't remember our FIRST date in 2003 because then he probably wouldn't have asked me out again in 2005. And apparently he needed two years to work things through and realize what he was REALLY looking for in a soul mate. :) So, now I'm going to tell everyone we've been together for 5 years! ;)

WEIRD!!!

Comments

liz j said…
Holy moly! I totally remember that in 2003! I can't believe it. That's hilarious. John has a wicked memory. Sooo glad that mystery has finally been solved. Sooo glad you guys found each other!
Deyce said…
Garrick and I can hardly believe your story. Crazy!!! I love it, though. We sometimes wonder why we couldn't have met 5 years ago at Oak Canyon. Hmmm....maybe we did meet. : )

Popular Posts