Visitors!

Sari & Debbie came out to visit for a week and I LOVED having them here! They brought me wonderful cards from my dear friends and colleagues at Pleasant Grove High School. It really touched me to know that I have not been forgotten. It seems that every year around this time I start having "teacher" dreams and even a year out of my old job, I still have them and dream about being back in the classroom. I just cannot say enough how much it meant to me that Sari & Debbie were thoughtful enough to know how much that would mean to me and how wonderful it was to know my old friends from PG were still thinking of me (and our new upcoming baby)!
While Debbie & Sari were here, it was a whirlwind of activity! Here are some of the things we did in the 5 full days they were here... 1) got out and saw the leaves and visited Johnstown
Then we headed off to Amish country where we all learned about the Amish lifestyle and Sari (seriously) became convinced that she was going to start being Amish -- how do you start? Just get an outfit and start walking around introducing yourself...?
We did find out that the Amish LOVE their "buffets". We had the hardest time finding a restaurant that served regular meals off the menu. After going in and out of 5 restaurants that only had buffets, we finally ended up at a truck stop diner. Oh, the entertainment that it provided! :)
Then we headed off to Gettysburg, where we all felt the immense gratitude for all who have gone before us to ensure our freedom and equality.
While at Gettysburg, we were told that our chances of getting a tour guide to show us around was..., "between a pig and a poke". We have found it endlessly amusing to add that bit of colorful language into our ever expanding vocabulary :)
The rainy weather finally broke for a day in Pittsburg, checking out the sites.
Pittsburg is such a pretty city, I love it! We were able to eat lunch while listening to the roar of the Steelers crowds across the river.
Debbie's highlight of the trip was Gettysburg and Sari's highlight was Frank Lloyd Wright's "Fallingwater". We lucked out with having beautiful weather on their last day here! We also saw the Flight 93 crash site, which is another testament to the bravery and heroism of Americans.
And if that wasn't enough, we also went walking at Twin Lakes, played two competitive (yet FUN) games of Hand and Foot -- Debbie & Sari beat John & I in a really bad, humiliating way that we'll never forget, ate some yummy meals, laughed a lot, talked until late at night and had the best time together. How blessed I feel to have such wonderful friends that I love and respect so much!
Comments
(And if it makes you feel any better, I frequently have dreams that class is about to start and my lesson plan isn't done!!! I wake up all stressed...and then I remember. Haha.)