6 months

Hayden turned 6 months old on July 12, and it felt like such a huge milestone! She met with doctors at Magee (the hospital where she was born) to check and see how she was doing and they were just thrilled! They ran her through a bunch of tests and determined that she has made up 3 weeks of the 7 weeks she's behind. Yay Hayden!

Here are some of our latest pics

John taking a much needed nap with Hayden :)



I haven't spent as many days at the pool as I had planned... its AMAZING how much stuff you have to bring on an outing with a baby! So, the trip sometimes is too much for me :) But, when we DO go, we have a ton of fun! I have signed Hayden up for swim lessons (the "shrimp" class at the YMCA) starting in September



Marcy and I took Hayden and Wyatt to the Aviary and had quite the adventure there, the huge Sea Eagle managed to be perfectly posed for the picture below



The penguins were our favorite, they came over to us right away and splashed, bathed, did flips and were quite entertaining. Hayden and Wyatt loved it!



until Hayden and I got a huge wingful of water in the face :)



And John and I have managed to get away for "date night" each week. We leave Hayden with lovely Madelyn, one of my YW at church. I always worry that Hayden will be fussy, but Madelyn has told us that Hayden is the easiest baby she has ever babysat for. I choose to believe her :) Anyway, last week we went to a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game with about 35 other people. We had great seats and even though it was 100 degrees (with 90% humidity -- you can tell by the sweat of our faces), it was a great game and a lot of fun!







John and I seem to be running around a lot. He is still super busy working, going to school, studying for tests, and trying to study for upcoming boards in December. He is wonderful to help a lot with Hayden. He takes care of her when he gets home at night and puts her to bed, so I always have a few hours at the the end of each day to myself. And he always takes care of her Saturday afternoons and evenings as well. I can't even put into words how grateful I am for that time to myself everyday, especially when I know how swamped he is with all of the things on his plate. He is a wonderful husband and father!

We are looking forward to heading to Seattle and Moses Lake for 3 weeks at the beginning of August. John, alas, only has time to come with us for a week -- the national Anesthesia conference is in Seattle this year -- but we are still going to have a lot of time for fun together. We can't wait, we both are eager for a break and time to spend together. Plus it will be Hayden's first plane trip :)





Comments

The Beckstroms said…
I hope you have so much fun in Washington. The weather was gorgeous while we were there, hopefully you will have the same luck! Taryn and I did swimming lessons too when she was little. Is it a mommy and me class? It was really fun. Miss you tons!

Popular Posts