and the next chapter is....

WOODSTOCK, ILLINOIS!




Finally we know where we're headed! Last week John made the decision to accept a really good offer to join an anesthesia group in Woodstock, Illinois! :) We headed out there to interview a week or so ago and really enjoyed meeting the people John would be working with. Woodstock is about 40 minutes north of Chicago. Just on the outskirts of it all really. Driving around Woodstock is like driving through beautiful farms with horse pastures and corn fields, and then drive 10 minutes towards Chicago and you run into all the restaurants, malls, stores, etc...

The job hunt was really stressful, its hard to make a decision as to where you're going to lay down roots for awhile. But, the opportunities there and their willingness to teach John regional blocks made this an easy decision. His new boss told John that they were thrilled to have him join the team and that the group (all 4 anesthesiologists and 5 CRNA's that John met) has never unanimously picked the same candidate to work with them. It's nice to be headed into a place where you know that they really want you. I'm really proud of John and as each day passes we are getting more and more excited for this next move!

As we have been interviewing and attending (I say "we" because we have joined John in this whole thing, plus I like to see and explore new places) study sessions for his up and coming board exams, we feel like traveling gypsies! Hayden has covered the following territories since August:

Washington
Idaho
Canada
Wisconsin
Illinois
Oregon
New York
Ohio
Michigan
and Kentucky

I just included a couple of pictures and video from the Detroit airport, it is the coolest airport I have ever been to! Seriously! If you ever get a chance to fly through there, you won't be disappointed





This is the terminal walkway between Terminal A and B, it was sooooo cool!



So, we're pretty excited to be moving to Chicago for a few years and we hope that we get lots of visitors!

Comments

liz j said…
Yahoo!!! Congratulations you guys! Well done John, holy moly.

Darin and Thor and I will totally visit you. We adore Chicago. Talk about good eats and awesome parks. You will have so much fun.
the Cory family said…
Chicago is too far away!!! Congrats though! So what makes a good offer???
Deyce said…
Congratulations! I bet you're relieved to know where you're going. Way to go, John!
The Beckstroms said…
So, so excited for you guys! I am warning you though. I love Chicago and Dan and I are already talking about heading out there to visit.
Kacey said…
ahh! i LOVE chicago! (i went to high school in a teensy little northern illinois town called byron.)

i keep bugging brandon about an illinois trip...perhaps we can come say hello. :)
A Little Sass said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting. I will TOTALLY come visit you in Illinois. You sure are picking cold places to live! :) I am super excited for you and this new chapter to in your lives. Good luck to John on his boards ... and well done! You deserve it!

Popular Posts