Bathtime baby
One of the times that I think Hayden is the cutest is when her hair is all soaped up and she's just getting out of the tub or shower. Her hair is getting quite long and I'm a little intimidated on how to cut it. I will probably cave and go to a kids hair cutting place and have them do it for me. But her hair in the back, is filled with tight little ringlets that are so stinkin cute, we just love them!
Well, we found a house that we did love. It wasn't the biggest house, but it was so well done on the inside, and it just seemed to feel like home. We talked and talked and tallied our finances (several times over) and figured out what we could and could not afford and made an offer. Well, they had another offer and it turns out that one was for more money. But, apparently there are some issues with it and so thier agent let us know that they "might be back a little later". So, we'll see. Even though I was trying not to be sad about it, I am. I know there will be another house. But, can I just say... I'm kind of tired of looking for houses. It has kind of consumed John and I's conversation and free time and I would just like to be done. There's a lovely lady in our new ward and she loves looking at houses and so she is "on the look-out" for us. Oh well.
We are settling into the area very nicely. We really, actually love where we live. Every convenience, store, restuarant that you could want is within 15-20 minutes away. As the snow melts (it takes a while, with that much snow!) we keep finding new ponds, walking paths, parks, and playgrounds around us. Keeps things exciting. I cannot wait for the spring and warmer weather to show up. I'm not one to love hanging around the house very much and so being inside all the time makes me feel a little caged.
Hayden and I are getting out and being quite social. We go to baby storytime at the library and I've met several moms there, its quite fun. We have signed up for a Gymboree class that we go to together and met more moms there. And we have been on several "playdates" with moms and their kids from our new ward. It seems that there are moms everywhere, apparently. :) Its fun to see Hayden start interacting with other kids, today I was eating at a new friends house with several other moms and their kids and Hayden was off with Jake (a 3 year old) playing and chasing around the cat and dog. She kept squealing with delight at the dog and cat. Loved them! Everyone here has been really welcoming and friendly, its really nice.
John is also loving his job. There are new things to learn and mistakes to improve on, of course, but he loves the people that he works with. There's a lot of teasing and comraderie. It is wonderful to see John enjoy his work enviroment so much since the past couple of years, the work enviroment was so rough. He's very happy here and they are very happy with him too.
I will say however, that John and I are both very homesick for the mountains. We miss hiking and camping like crazy and I swear I think about hiking and camping and mountain ranges at least 10 times a day. I dream of southern Utah and the Uintas and I dream of evergreens and pines set against huge mountains. I dream of walking through the woods and coming to this beautiful vista looking over the valley below. I really, really, really miss the mountains. Needless to say, John and I can't wait to be back in Utah this June. And one of these days we'll make it back to the West, and when that day comes, it will be very exciting to say the least.
Until then, though, there's a lot to see and do around Chicago. It is the perfect place for us right now.
But we sure do miss friends and family :(
Comments