The new house :)



Well, we DID actually close and buy our house! Now, a week later, all the headache that was involved in the buying process is long (well, not SO long) forgotten and we are just absolutely in love with our new home!

This won't be a long post, we are completely swamped with getting things ready to move in, and packing/cleaning the townhouse before we move on Saturday. It all seems too familiar.... the packing and loading of storage boxes during any spare second that I can keep Hayden entertained, or napping :) Neither John nor I can wait until we can putter around in our own yard, go explore with Hayden and .... decorate!! :)



One of the things that sold us on the house is that we only have one neighbor. To the left of the house and in the back, is a protected wildlife area and no one can build there. Below is the back of the house, our house is the one on the far right. Also, it had a walk-out basement which was a major selling point as well.



If you look beyond the house, to the right, you can see part of the elementary school that is on the corner. Right across our house is the baseball field that backs to Hayden's future elementary school. From what we hear, its a great elementary school and I'm excited that I will be able to walk her to school since its so close!



At night there are deer that come out to graze, around dusk. We haven't seen them yet, but are REALLY excited to! At night you can also hear the frogs, "howard" the owl, and an occasional cayote. There are tons of birds, so I'm excited to get out the bird feeders again. We have seen some beautiful cranes and egrets flying overhead. Below, is the creek that is in the trees behind our house. We've been told to watch out for the snapping turtles. Seriously, I LOVE all the wildlife!



Here are some pictures of the inside of the house.









This is the master bedroom.



These are some pictures of the drive back to our townhouse. They are about 2 miles apart. It seems that in each neighborhood there is a pond or lake. Its really quite beautiful. And, lots and lots and LOTS of geese!



Comments

Emmy Bludorn said…
Congratulations on the house! I really can't believe that is the same Hayden you just left with; she wasn't nearly so grown up, was she? I look at her and feel like a year has gone by!
Shauntel said…
Oh my. I'm completely jealous. I love your new house. It's so cute!

I just re-signed a six month lease at our apartment complex. That's how awesome our house buying is going. But I'm done stressing for now. Time to hunker down and get ready for Cheney Dos. :)

Congrats on the house - love love love.
Bryn said…
It looks amazing! congrats!
liz j said…
Hooray! What a relief, I'm sure. Looks like a fantastic location.
LuAnn said…
Wow! I think the backyard would have sold me. Congratulations on all your achievements. Can't wait to see you in June.

Popular Posts