Moses Lake

Hayden is a pro at making Connor laugh when he wakes up in the morning or after naps.  It is so fun to watch them laugh and play together!



Ok, on to Moses Lake. In the next post, I will put some pictures of our house and the area....

Yes, it is an adjustment, for sure. After living in Pittsburg and Chicago, I got used to all the cool things there are to do right outside your door. Chicago may not have the mountains and rugged beauty of the West but it does have museums, awesome libraries with great kid activities, great zoos, amusement parks specially designed for toddlers, barnyard zoos where you can pet and feed cows, sheep and deer, indoor play centers with blowup slides, mazes and ladders to climb up and down til your kids fall down happy and exhuasted and wonderful, wonderful parks and playgrounds at every turn. It was hard to leave all that behind and have faith that we were doing the right thing, not only for us, but for our kids.

 Moses Lake is beautiful in its own right. We live a block away from the lake, I can see it out my window now and we are 2 hours from gorgeous mountains, lakes and hiking. That is heaven to two outdoor enthusiasts like John and I. But, I am struggling with how to organize my days and keep two energetic kids happy, engaged and learning. It will come, I know. I keep telling myself that its an adjustment no matter where you move to.   But, I miss my friends... friends in Illinois, friends in Pittsburg, New Mexico and Utah.  I wish I could move all of my friends here. :)  Maybe if I just close my eyes and wiggle my nose :)

It is so wonderful to be close to my mom and dad, and my brother and his family - when they move back to Boise in December.  I love being able to pop over for 20-30 minutes and pick strawberrries or raspberries and just have fun. 

John is getting into work.  They are trying to repair a struggling system and so there are a lot of kinks and bad habits that need to be reformed.  There's a lot of work to be done.  His first week he clocked in more than 70 hours of work.  Not exactly what we were planning, but we knew that the onset was going to be hard.  He is enjoying his colleagues, he always does and each day is getting better.  And we really really enjoy spending time together when he's not at work!

So, here are some pictures of what we have been doing on our time off!










Comments

liz j said…
Just beautiful. Can't wait to see you!!

Popular Posts