Amish Country

While John and I were out visiting the LeBlancs, we couldn't pass up an opportunity to visit the Boyers! Marcus, the new baby (6 months) Emily, Katelyn, Jennie and Rachel.



Who can resist Rachel and Katelyn? Katelyn is already reading at only 5, and Rachel is as inquisitive and fearless as ever! Rachel is turning 4 next month.



While with Jennie and Marcus, we went out to Valley Forge and stopped at the picturesque cathedral at Valley Forge. Jennie looked like the perfect Juliet, or Rapunzel... and John.... I'm not sure what his part was in this picture!



John and the girls



On the way to visit Jennie and Marcus we drove through the beautiful rolling hills and farmlands of Amish country, just outside of Lancaster. It was soooo pretty. It was interesting to watch John as we passed by our first couple of Amish carriages.



John was thoughtful for a moment, there was silence as I could see the wheels moving in his head... "So, they're real, huh?" :)

And of course, we though it ironic that they lived in another picturesque little town called, "Intercourse". I guess you can get t-shirts that say "I love Intercourse!" or "What happens in Intercourse, stays in Intercourse". We just bought some good old fashioned pretzels instead!

Comments

Popular Posts