District of Columbia

John and I went back to DC to visit Jacques, April and the new baby!



Remi ("fun-loving") Jolie("beautiful") LeBlanc ("the white") girl :) I didn't realize it was possible to fall in love so completely with a such cute, widdle baby! Seriously, we loved meeting Remi and are VERY excited Jacques and April are moving back to Boise!



While in DC we went to see the Constitution and Declaration of Independence and the Air & Space Museum. While at the Air & Space Museum, we visited a site focused on one of John's famous relatives. His great Uncle Orville Anderson, with fellow aeronaut Albert Stevens, broke a record in flying a balloon (Explorer II) up to the highest altitude in 1935. They flew this balloon up to 72,395 feet!! It was a neat experience to pay tribute to one of John's relatives. It's amazing what a "Red Devil" from Springville, Utah can accomplish!



We also went back to Georgetown and saw the old school that I did my Student Teaching at. Duke Ellington School of the Arts! The same huge, green chair is out front!



The school is a little worse for the wear, but all the major pieces and structures are still there, although there was a big crane in the back of the school that seemed to mean business. I have such fond memories of that place! Liz, does it bring back memories for you too?



We also were able to get together with the Esseltines and play games, play with the kids and have some grub! This is Adelia, Chris, and their new little 3 month baby Ephraim!



And who can forget Joshua, their first and VERY energetic and brilliant child! I had Joshua help me and be my partner for awhile (until I was dumped for his father!), and Joshua told us that next time he wouldn't be scared of John and I. "I won't be shy and hide in the couch" he promised. He is so darling!



One last picture of the LeBlanc family!

Comments

liz j said…
Oh my gosh does that bring back memories! I really should go back to good old Duke Ellington. My mentoring teaching is no longer there, but sitting in the big green chair would be enough.

Love the photos! The Valley Forge cathedral looks beautiful.

Popular Posts