Our first guest! ;)



John's dad drove out 2100 miles on his motorcycle to come visit us and Jenny & Marcus! We had a wonderful 3 days with him and loved being able to show him around and share with him. He had some great motorcycle stories as well since he hit the backroads all the way from Utah to Pennsylvania.

Does everyone know about his bucking wild horses days in the rodeo? Good stories!


We stopped by St. Vincents College where John is taking some of his classes. There are lots of monks walking around in their robes. They are very helpful. There is also a sister college in town called Seton Hill University that is run by the nuns. As a side note, our real estate agent back in June said that the monks and the nuns are quite the drinkers around town. I guess if you're going to be celibate....





I thought that all this teeny tiny inlaid tiles would be a PAIN to lay...





Here is St. Vincent watching out over the valley making sure we are all safe.





The campus has wonderful old buildings that ooze stories and memories. I made the comment to Dave about how I wish I could sit down with one of those bricks and listen to stories about the things they have seen over the years. The college was built sometime in the late 1800's.





There was a big fire that ravaged the campus in 1963 and you can still see evidence of that fire in the different patches of brick around campus.



Here is John's classroom where he spends from 8 - 6 p.m. in class on Thursdays and Fridays. I thought about standing outside the window with a sign for John saying "WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR DINNER?" and just embarrassing the tar out of him. :) Hey, I don't have a job. I need entertainment just like everyone else. :)



He promised me that this is the way he is in class.... attentive, reflective, soaking in all the material...



not like this...

Comments

Popular Posts