A Spring Drive
Today I felt so fortunate because John was able to put aside studying and diligently writing papers so that we could enjoy the warm, spring weather and get outside together. Today it was 65 degrees outside! That was amazing. This winter has been so so cold and it seems like it has snowed almost everyday since early December. This week it has finally warmed up and I felt... completely renewed! I opened all the windows in the house and listened to the birds chirp outside, I would sit by the window and just feel the sun warm my face... it was lovely! Today John and I drove down to Laurel Hills State Park. It is so pretty with (not yet) lush green trees and soft, earthy paths. We stopped at a pretty lake/river and played on the swing sets and threw rocks in the water, trying to break the ice. John & I heard a new sound today. The wind was blowing the layers of ice along the river and the ice was this really neat compilation of fragile ice cylinders. It kind of looked like basalt pilars.... when you held onto the ice, it would break away like tiny ice-cubes. I'd never seen ice form like that. Well, when the wind blew the ice into other pieces of ice, it made the prettiest tinkly noise, it sounded like wind chimes, or millions of little ice cubes jostling together. It was so pretty... anyway... It was just such a nice day, it made me feel really grateful for the many things that I get to experience in this life.
I am grateful for...
* four seasons... knowing that winter can only last so long :)
* the warmth of the sun on my nose
* my husband, he's my best friend and the perfect person to go through everyday with
* knowing that we are on the right path and what we are doing now will create a stable future
* good friends who have lasted through all these years and made John & I who we are today
* loving families whose support means the world to us
* Simba & Nallah, I can't wait to have them live with us again when we're done with school!
* the joy I find in photography & nature's beauty
* having a home that is truly a haven of peace & love
* being an aunt to 4 amazing neices
* being able to associate with the young women of my ward, I love my calling!
* still learning new things about myself, and finding endless things to improve upon
* the freedom I have right now to explore new things like stained glass art or pottery
* finding new recipes to cook and seeing a look of pure enjoyment on John's face
* the simple things, like money to pay our bills, a comfy bed, and food to warm our tummies
* my health
* the everyday opportunity to start dieting and excercising... again
* this country and all the freedoms & opportunity it affords
* sliding into bed with smooth, shaven legs. :) Which I'm off to do right now!
love you all!
I am grateful for...
* four seasons... knowing that winter can only last so long :)
* the warmth of the sun on my nose
* my husband, he's my best friend and the perfect person to go through everyday with
* knowing that we are on the right path and what we are doing now will create a stable future
* good friends who have lasted through all these years and made John & I who we are today
* loving families whose support means the world to us
* Simba & Nallah, I can't wait to have them live with us again when we're done with school!
* the joy I find in photography & nature's beauty
* having a home that is truly a haven of peace & love
* being an aunt to 4 amazing neices
* being able to associate with the young women of my ward, I love my calling!
* still learning new things about myself, and finding endless things to improve upon
* the freedom I have right now to explore new things like stained glass art or pottery
* finding new recipes to cook and seeing a look of pure enjoyment on John's face
* the simple things, like money to pay our bills, a comfy bed, and food to warm our tummies
* my health
* the everyday opportunity to start dieting and excercising... again
* this country and all the freedoms & opportunity it affords
* sliding into bed with smooth, shaven legs. :) Which I'm off to do right now!
love you all!
Comments