Motivation... and a rant :)
I was sorting through my emails and tossing all these emails that I never deleted from like 5 years ago and found this old one. These pictures were taken on the night that I first introduced John to my parents! We had only been dating for about 2 months, I remember feeling so pleased that no one (me) completely embarrassed themselves or insulted anyone!


But, it also serves another purpose... Motivation!! John and I were so much skinnier then! John has just kicked off this week with his new diet plan, the Atkins diet. Now, typically I am skeptical of these things and John is even MORE skeptical than I am. However, after all of his in-depth classes on cell function and how the body works together, he actually can see why this diet is successful and believes that it will work, without screwing up vital organs and processes of your body. So, while John is consuming meat like a long lost cave man, I am watching this all and taking a break from cooking meals. I am very hopeful and supportive of him though, I know he really wants to be back where he was! Good luck love!
The Rant: The WORST morning in a loooong time!
I just have to share this, because at this point its now been a few days and I can laugh at it. Last week I was at Young Women and we had to walk 4 miles in an hour with the girls to qualify them to participate in the Trek Walk (mimicking the Pioneers treking across the U.S. 150 years ago-their Trek experience is in late July). Anyway, its a pretty brisk walk! But, I was biking it so that I could race to the back of the pack and *gently* inspire the girls to pick up the pace. :) As I got on my bike, my knee popped out of place. Horrible, sharp pain! I kept a smile on my face... because I am supposed to be an adult and not fall on the ground and cry. After a minute the pain went away and by the end of the trip I didn't think it was that bad. When I got off the bike though, I was limping. So, I got home, John checked me out-told me I would live, and I went to bed. The next morning I had to get up and drive 1 1/2 hours to meet my fellow leader to plan Girls Camp. I could NOT walk or put any weight on it. It was awful. So, I hobbled to the shower, managed to get presentable and got in the car.
Five minutes into the trip, my lip starts tingling. Oh no! Panic hits me. I know what this means, this means that fever blisters are about to storm across my face. I pull over and desperately sift through the... crap... that my purse holds. Halleluyah, I find some old fever blister ointment. It expired in 1996, but hey, that's o.k.!! I'll take what I can get. So, I pull the car over and start again. 10 minutes later my contact starts moving around in my eyelid. I am blinking a million times to try and get it to get back into position. My eyes tear up, so I have to pull over again and figure this out. Ugh. Finally, it seems to magically get back into place and the day seems o.k. again. No. About 15 minutes after that, I blink, and the entire thing rips into two pieces. So, I'm pulled over AGAIN... near tears, thinking, "I can't walk, fever blisters are working their way across my lip and up to my nose, and I have to drive with one hand over my left eye... should I keep going?" A cop pulls up and motions to me the "are you o.k. sign?" and I feebly give him the thumbs up. I pull myself together, sniff and whimper, and realize that I can see pretty good with only one contact. I tell myself that it was so hard to coordinate schedules to get together with this lady, Celeste, that it would be impossible to get anything else together soon... just buck up Jeanette! So, I get back on the freeway. Although I did have to make a stop for a HUGE Diet Coke and a little bag of Sugar Babies. I manage to make it another 45 min. without incident and just as I'm getting to her house and winding through these green, farm roads... a huge wild turkey flies in front of my car and narrowly misses hitting my windshield. It was REDICULOUS. I almost fell out of the car and kissed the ground when I finally got to her house. Thankfully Celeste is awesome and made me laugh and we had a great time together. But, man, I could NOT believe that morning!!


But, it also serves another purpose... Motivation!! John and I were so much skinnier then! John has just kicked off this week with his new diet plan, the Atkins diet. Now, typically I am skeptical of these things and John is even MORE skeptical than I am. However, after all of his in-depth classes on cell function and how the body works together, he actually can see why this diet is successful and believes that it will work, without screwing up vital organs and processes of your body. So, while John is consuming meat like a long lost cave man, I am watching this all and taking a break from cooking meals. I am very hopeful and supportive of him though, I know he really wants to be back where he was! Good luck love!
The Rant: The WORST morning in a loooong time!
I just have to share this, because at this point its now been a few days and I can laugh at it. Last week I was at Young Women and we had to walk 4 miles in an hour with the girls to qualify them to participate in the Trek Walk (mimicking the Pioneers treking across the U.S. 150 years ago-their Trek experience is in late July). Anyway, its a pretty brisk walk! But, I was biking it so that I could race to the back of the pack and *gently* inspire the girls to pick up the pace. :) As I got on my bike, my knee popped out of place. Horrible, sharp pain! I kept a smile on my face... because I am supposed to be an adult and not fall on the ground and cry. After a minute the pain went away and by the end of the trip I didn't think it was that bad. When I got off the bike though, I was limping. So, I got home, John checked me out-told me I would live, and I went to bed. The next morning I had to get up and drive 1 1/2 hours to meet my fellow leader to plan Girls Camp. I could NOT walk or put any weight on it. It was awful. So, I hobbled to the shower, managed to get presentable and got in the car.
Five minutes into the trip, my lip starts tingling. Oh no! Panic hits me. I know what this means, this means that fever blisters are about to storm across my face. I pull over and desperately sift through the... crap... that my purse holds. Halleluyah, I find some old fever blister ointment. It expired in 1996, but hey, that's o.k.!! I'll take what I can get. So, I pull the car over and start again. 10 minutes later my contact starts moving around in my eyelid. I am blinking a million times to try and get it to get back into position. My eyes tear up, so I have to pull over again and figure this out. Ugh. Finally, it seems to magically get back into place and the day seems o.k. again. No. About 15 minutes after that, I blink, and the entire thing rips into two pieces. So, I'm pulled over AGAIN... near tears, thinking, "I can't walk, fever blisters are working their way across my lip and up to my nose, and I have to drive with one hand over my left eye... should I keep going?" A cop pulls up and motions to me the "are you o.k. sign?" and I feebly give him the thumbs up. I pull myself together, sniff and whimper, and realize that I can see pretty good with only one contact. I tell myself that it was so hard to coordinate schedules to get together with this lady, Celeste, that it would be impossible to get anything else together soon... just buck up Jeanette! So, I get back on the freeway. Although I did have to make a stop for a HUGE Diet Coke and a little bag of Sugar Babies. I manage to make it another 45 min. without incident and just as I'm getting to her house and winding through these green, farm roads... a huge wild turkey flies in front of my car and narrowly misses hitting my windshield. It was REDICULOUS. I almost fell out of the car and kissed the ground when I finally got to her house. Thankfully Celeste is awesome and made me laugh and we had a great time together. But, man, I could NOT believe that morning!!
Comments
Hope your knee is better. It's the pits to be injured.
Um, remember all that good food on the cruise ship that we went on? Well I am still working on loosing that 10 pounds so that I can go on another cruise...