Mega-Storm!

Well, first of all... congrats to John, he has lost 15 pounds so far and has stayed pretty true to his diet! He has great will power and even though he is around all sorts of stuff (not at the house, I am trying to respect his diet) he has not fallen off the bandwagon more than a couple of french fries!



We also bought Wii Active which essentially has you enter all your body information and then works you out with a virtual trainer. John and I are doing the "30 day challenge" and you get increasingly challenging workouts, and new workouts. Its been fun for the most part even though I can't believe how sore my body is from the workouts. It is about the only Wii game that I play. :)

Two nights ago we were caught in the worst storm I have ever been in! I was at the church playing volleyball with the young women/men and we started getting warnings that there was a tornado warning. There was some rain and lightning, but not too bad. I headed home around 8 p.m. and everyone else stayed to play one more game. I was driving under rain and really bad lightning and thunder. About 5 min. from our house, everyone on the highway started stopping and the reason was a huge hail storm. All of a sudden my car was being pelted by huge balls of hail, and the rain just started pouring to the point that I couldn't see the lines on the road or out the windshield. I just kept trying to go around the other cars and get home since I was so close. The roads started flooding, it was pitch black because all the power and street lights had gone out. Finally, I got home and was shaking so badly. The power was out in our neighborhood for a day and a half. Luckily we had just been camping the weekend before so we knew where all of our lanterns and flashlights were. It was one of the worst storms I can remember. The thunder rumbles so deep and so loud that it shakes the windows and tables.



When I called the power company the next day, I found the reason that we were out of power so long was 5 huge trees that had crashed against the electric poles in our neighborhood. Above is a picture of them working just behind our house. I have to admit, it has made me think about the dangers of living in the woods.



One of the coolest things of that night was that after all the thunder/lightning and rain had subsided, John noticed hundreds and hundreds of fireflies were out in the woods. We just stayed there silently and watched them all flit around, wondering if they were celebrating the fact that they had survived!

Comments

Popular Posts