Yippee!



We are pregnant!! I am 9 weeks along (and feeling it, let me tell you!!!)and the official due date is March 2. John and I are both thrilled, although I am very cautious about it since I miscarried last December. At the beginning of this pregnancy we had another scare when some test results came back not as they should be, but the doctors started me on supplements and we're hoping that everything is o.k. now. So, far everything points to a healthy pregnancy.

Because John has spilled the beans to everyone on his facebook account, I figured that the time is overdue to share the big news. :) I think I'm more cautious than he is. He's already been researching the best type of car seat and strollers. :) Since Jacques & April have one of those transformer types that transforms from car seat to stroller... my husband is, quite enamored. 2 for 1!

So, we're thrilled! And taking any suggestions or advice about baby things to buy to prepare for this whole huge event. Although I'm trying everyday not to think about how this whole thing has to end. John keeps reminding me that I "wanted" to get pregnant, and he is correct on one aspect of this... I wanted to have a baby that looks like my cute husband, but I have no burning desire to traumatize my body by actually giving birth. :) Does anyone have any suggestions how I can have this baby but not give birth? :)

Comments

Deandra said…
As I lay in the hospital bed waiting for them to induce labor for Dallin I looked at Greg (calmly standing there) with the video recorder and said, "I wish I could be you and you could be me!"

I had an epidural and, for the most part, if you opt for an epidural there is really not much pain during the delivery to speak of. Just keep yourself relaxed. If you opt to go natural (which came a bit later when my epidural ran out and the anasthesiologist was in a delivery), just hope you have a quick delivery and have some really good relaxation methods and lots of things available to keep your mind focused on something other than the pain. And once it's over, you really do forget the pain. Honest.

I am very excited for you!! Good luck!
Deyce said…
Yay!!!!! I'm soooo excited for you guys. Congrats!!!! You'll have to keep me posted along the way. It's quite an adventure - the best kind!

My best suggestion for right now: keep exercising - even if it's just walking. And, when you get bigger, swimming is especially great. Exercise will make the whole pregnancy easier.
Jennie said…
Don't worry Jeanette. By the end of your pregnancy you will do ANYTHING - including going through childbirth - to get that baby out of your body. You will be saying, "John, up the painkillers, and BRING IT ON!!"

loads of love,
me
Bryan said…
Congratulations! =0) Any told me that you were expecting the other day, very cool.

As far as suggestions, I personally don't really have many to offer, sorry. ;0)
Sarah Shelley said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

That is so exciting! I hope all goes well.

The only advice I have is to just enjoy it and don't get too stressed about the whole birth thing...I don't think it ever turns out the way anyone expects it to for the first time. It certainly wasn't what I was expecting...especially since I had a c-section.
the Cory family said…
hooray!!! congrats you guys. You can do it! just keep busy and think about other things...
Erin said…
Alright, you two are in trouble!!!! I found out on Facebook as well! Where is the loyalty, man? Couldn't call, eh? Fingers must be broken! ;)

We are so excited for you!!!!! Congratulations!
A Little Sass said…
yipee!!! Congrats! I am so excited for you. And so excited that I get to come and see you! We will have 5 days to talk baby.
mathmom said…
Jeanette, this is Amy McConkie here. Deyce gave me your blog address and I just wanted to drop a note to say Congrats! I'm so excited for you.

Popular Posts