At the beginning of August John and I took a fun road trip up to Niagra Falls and Palmyra, NY because John had a Monday off of school. It was such a nice trip and welcome time together where we were just able to talk and laugh and sing along to the radio. We stopped at Lake Eerie and checked out the shoreline and found a great campground for a future visit. Then off to the Hill Cumorah and Sacred Grove. It was really fun to be there again. My old roommate, Lori, and I once were actors in the Hill Cumorah Pageant during the summer of... 1998... maybe. Man, am I getting old! We stopped at the Palmyra temple which was really pretty, as well. Then we were off to Niagra Falls! It really is amazing how powerful and majestic those falls are. One of the funnest things we did, which I think everyone should do is the "Maid of the Midst" voyage. The boat takes you square in the middle of the horsehoe of falls and sits there for about 10 minutes. You open your eyes and can turn 180 degrees and see and hear the rushing of water all around you. It really is amazing!
Yes, it was 1998 when you were in NY with Lori. I can remember because George and I were in New Jersey for ASMI then, and you stayed with us a few days.
I saw your comment on FB to check out your blog... so cute I didn't even know that you are a blogger... me too! do you mind if I add you to my blog list? Oh and John told us you were in Palmyra same day as us... so funny... you can drive that far and still find people you know, small world!
Comments