All about Hayden



This post is just to update everyone about Hayden and share some of our pictures over the past 9 days. I put a more "wordy" post under this one, for anyone who is interested in that one, but this one is... "all about Hayden" :) Which, I think will be our world for the next.. many years to come.





Hayden was promptly put in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) after she was born. They first had her on a feeding tube because she hadn't learned that lesson in "womb school" yet since she ditched out early. Fortunately that didn't last long (only a day I think) because she figured out how to suck and swallow so that she could eat pretty quickly. They also had to have her under these alien-like blue lights to get rid of "bili ruben" that was in her skin.







Every indicator that they watch her for has been excelled at by our little girl. She can regulate her own body temperature, eat on her own, etc... the only thing that is keeping her in the NICU is that her heart rate drops too low sometimes (usually when her daddy is laying her on his chest and she is SUPER relaxed). We have been told a tentative release date of this coming Monday, the 25th. Its nice because Magee Hospital does a "Nesting" night the night before they release premies where the parents get a room to sleep in with their baby, just to make sure that the parents are able to walk out of the room and ask questions of the doctors and nurses, if they need to. So, John and I are planning on nesting on Sunday night. Yipppeee, we can't wait! We are so excited to have our little girl HOME!



"Whoa, what's happening here? Why are you patting my back? Hey, not so hard, what did I ever do to you? Help, anybody?? ANYBODY???"



John and I can just sit and watch her for hours. She is always wiggling and always making facial expressions. She will be sound asleep and open her mouth up wide, raise her eyebrows, then quickly furrow them, and follow that all by a little smile. There's just too much to miss if we leave her side. No wonder we spend all hours of the day in the NICU. If she's this much fun to watch asleep.... :)









"Now, who are you again??????"



"Who is that over in the corner? Do we know him?"



"Can you be trusted?"

Comments

The Beckstroms said…
She's amazing you guys! I'm so glad she's coming home soon! Have fun being a family!
Kacey said…
that tiny little face is just too darling!
LuAnn said…
She is so so cute! I bet you are glad she is here. Hope things go well this week end and you can take her home. Congratulations on making a beautiful baby girl.
Kati said…
She is so beautiful and I hope you get to bring her home SOON!!!!!
She is beautiful! We're so happy for you guys! I hope she indeed can come home on Monday. That would be so nice.
Congratulations!
I'm still waiting for my guy to arrive. I'll be 39 weeks on tuesday!

Popular Posts