"Aaaaarrrrckkk!!"
Hayden has become quite the talker lately, ooops, I mean, squawker :) She will sit and squawk with me several times during the day and she is delighted when I "squawk" back to her. (We have quite the animated conversations!) I brought out the video camera the other day to try and capture her noises and smiles and giggles and gurgles, but of course once I do, then she becomes quite transfixed by the camera and all cuteness ceases.
Mostly these two videos are nothing super exciting, but I knew that family members would be thrilled to see Hayden in action and see how she's grown. She's doing fabulously! We have just completed 5 consecutive nights where she has slept between 10-12 hours-- solidly. I don't know what we've done to deserve this miracle, but for whatever reason (and I'm preparing for it being short-lived), I'm super happy about it.
You will notice Hayden's AWESOME haircut in these videos too. She has worn the hair around the middle of her head, off. So she has it long from the ears down, bald in the middle and a little tuft at the crown. Poor thing, her hair looks a little mangey right now. :)
Hayden has been learning to grasp things with her hands (still hasn't perfected the "letting go" part), she is strengthening her legs and is learning to put weight on them, she is recognizing herself in the mirror and when she sees herself - she squeals and buries her head in my neck, and she can balance her body on her side without falling over. She can also drool like a champ, all of my shirts have big drool spots on the shoulders, its the "in" look for newborn mothers.
Mostly these two videos are nothing super exciting, but I knew that family members would be thrilled to see Hayden in action and see how she's grown. She's doing fabulously! We have just completed 5 consecutive nights where she has slept between 10-12 hours-- solidly. I don't know what we've done to deserve this miracle, but for whatever reason (and I'm preparing for it being short-lived), I'm super happy about it.
You will notice Hayden's AWESOME haircut in these videos too. She has worn the hair around the middle of her head, off. So she has it long from the ears down, bald in the middle and a little tuft at the crown. Poor thing, her hair looks a little mangey right now. :)
Hayden has been learning to grasp things with her hands (still hasn't perfected the "letting go" part), she is strengthening her legs and is learning to put weight on them, she is recognizing herself in the mirror and when she sees herself - she squeals and buries her head in my neck, and she can balance her body on her side without falling over. She can also drool like a champ, all of my shirts have big drool spots on the shoulders, its the "in" look for newborn mothers.
Comments