Deja vu



The picture above is a "live" shot, so to speak. That is what Hayden is doing right now while I "blog" :)

Well, after a MONTH of sickness, Hayden finally got better! Then a week passed... and I got sick again (last Tuesday), I carefully coughed in other directions, or into my shirt or elbow... I purelled every 5 minutes, all to no avail. Hayden picked up my cold on Friday and John picked it up on Sunday. Ugh!!

So, now its Monday and I am feeling much better. Fortunately Hayden seems to be doing better, as it always amazes me... she continues to be in happy spirits even while sick. And John is struggling through it, poor guy, he's still got a ways to go. Its all a bit deja vu-ish

I thought I would do a little update on Hayden. She is doing great- happy baby :) She is refusing to crawl, she prefers instead to roll all over the floor. If I hear her crying, its usually because she has rolled her way under the rocking chair or into some corner. We try to *make* her crawl, but as soon as she senses we are putting her in the "crawling" position, she fiercly arches her back and throws her arms behind her head. I keep telling her that she will really love the independence it will allow her but she doesn't listen. Her physical therapist, Kelly, is a little worried about her not crawling yet and thinks that we need to up our PT visits from every two weeks to once a week until we move.

Hayden is also fiercly refusing to try and hold her bottle on her own. She just holds her mouth open as wide as she can and grunts until the mouth is filled. :) John calls her "our baby bird" and takes a bit of twisted delight in not giving her the bottle and putting it in front of her until the grunting gets to a feverish pitch.

She is also refusing to try and make any "mama" "dada" or "lala" noises. She does watch our mouth closely, but has yet to try and make any of those noises herself.

We are having fun allowing her to try different foods. Below is her first experience with a Twix bar. :) Its quite fun for all of us. Its funny because although she refuses to try and hold her bottle on her own, she has quickly figured out how to hold a popsicle stick and feed it to herself, all on her own. She's a smart little girl, she just is stubborn until SHE decides she wants to do it.



But we sure have fun with her and count ourselves lucky to have such a happy baby!

As for John and I, we are in the midst of some serious legwork for jobs. Still, no luck. There are quite a bit of CRNA's (new grads) out there and the jobs are not has proliferous as we thought they would be. Because of the economy, CRNA's that were due to retire, are not and many people are not getting the surgery that they were planning on when they had money. John has been talking to CRNA friends of his in Utah who have told him that they're just hoping to keep their jobs because the surgery cases are really really light.

We know the right thing will pull through when its the right time, but its a little anxious for us right now. We move in 3 months from PA, but where??? And when will he start work? Do we try and make Christmas plans? We're kind of in major limbo until we figure all that out.

Other news, John is SUPER HAPPY to have October 16th as his last day of work until graduation. That will leave him about 2 months of time to study for passing Boards in the end of December. He will be busy with a nasal surgery and eye exams and dentist appointments until the end of October. :) Yes, after being here for almost 2 1/2 years, he's finally getting all this stuff done that has been put off for a long time!

Here's some pics from this weekend. We did a walk for "Heart Health" with a bunch of John's classmates and work colleagues. Yes, we were sick. But we had already committed. Below is Lewis & Wyatt with John & Hayden




This is John's good friend Melanie (who's in the program with him) and her adorable daughter, Legacy. She is getting married next week... in HAWAII! John and I were invited and are so incredibly sad that we will miss an opportunity like that!



Comments

the Cory family said…
I'm totally interested in your job search...let us know what you find. It will work out. The CRNAs I work with seem fine! And our old neighbor, Jared, got a great job in WA.

Popular Posts