20 things....




20 Things you probably don't know about Hayden:

1. When she's done with her sippy cups, she likes to chuck it off the dining room table and watch it bang to the floor....so fun for me. I love it when she does this. She may never graduate to a cup.

2. Her favorite noise to make is an excited squeal, and she is even more thrilled if you squeal back to her.

3. She is tough! If she bangs her head, she will look at one of us with a concerned look on her face and if we tell her she's o.k. then she's back to whatever she's been playing with. Unless she's tired, then forget everything I just wrote. But, fortunately she's not a long crier. Usually it doesn't last more than a minute or two.

4. Her favorite food right now is Spaghetti and bananas, oh and club crackers.

5. She doesn't really like to play by herself, she prefers to have someone down playing with her.

6. She is tall for her age. Several people have guessed her age at close to 2 years old, and I didn't know why until her one year appointment and she is at 90% on height.

7. She grinds her teeth. Yuck. This is like nails on a chalkboard to John and I. I don't know why she does it and I worry that she is chipping her teeth off.

8. She has the longest eyelashes of anyone I've ever known. They are quite pretty!

9. She loves to dance! At the sound of any song, she is on her feet bouncing to the music and wanting you to dance with her. This is funny to me because neither John nor I break out our favorite 80's dance moves every time someone drops a beat.... where do babies get that from? (But, we are now trying to dust off some old moves--yes, you have every right to be scared-- in a effort to make Hayden not feel like she's dancing a solo :)

10. When she's tired and you're not "getting the picture", she will go grab her blanket and come back and curl up on your lap.

l1. She hates wearing her socks and shoes. Hates it. And is quite "houdini-like" at being able to get them off as soon as you've put them on, or your back is turned. It makes me wish we lived in the Bahamas instead of somewhere where its 2 degrees outside.

12. Along with #1, she likes to guzzle when she's drinking. There's no demure sipping from a cup with this girl. If she's going to drink she tilts her head all the way back and GUZZLES. Its quite funny :)

13. She is completely not interested in TV or movies. I sometimes wish she was! Every once in a while I can get her to watch a Baby Einstein for a couple of minutes until she moves on to something else.

14. Her favorite animal is a monkey. She lets out huge squeals whenever she sees one. :)

15. She likes to play peekaboo, but she likes to hold the blanket over her face and then yank it off and giggles like crazy to see what weird faces you come up with.

16. She's fascinated by shadows and sunlight, in fact, as I write them she is playing with her shadow and hand in the sunlight. Ok, now she's done and back to trying to type over what I'm typing. :)

17. She enjoys taking medicine. Seriously. Grape childrens Tylenol is her favorite. She will often bring it to one of us.

18. We love to listen to her coo and babble to herself. Its changed recently and now she is using a lot of t's, d's and s sounds. It is so dang darling!

19. I try to put bows in her hair, but they get yanked out as soon as she knows its there. The same with hats and scarves and anything else attached to her. Like socks and shoes.

20. Right now I'm working on "pointing" with her. Like, "Hayden point to the doggie, or, Where's the baby?" She's getting it about 20% of the time, its exciting to watch her learn. She understands a lot of things that we're saying which is fun too. Like, "go get the ball", she knows what to do. How fun!!

She's a keeper!

Comments

Popular Posts