the blizzard
We're the doorway on the left
So, John started his first day of work on the day the "blizzard of the year" hit our area. He worked a 13 hour shift on his first day of work. To say that it was crazy at the hospital is an understatement! They were trying to clear out all the OR's for the next day since we were supposed to have 2 feet of fresh snow, so John went in and worked on 20 different cases. What an introduction to the first day of your new career, huh?
But, he did great and came home in a great mood. His new boss called him and asked him how his first day went and John got several compliments, "can't believe this is your first day, you seem like an old pro!" and "I'm really impressed that this being your first day, you were able to keep up with the pace and didn't hold anyone back" Those are great compliments on your first day.
On John's drive home, he was facing about a foot of new snow on all the roads, horizontal windy snow and drifts starting to cross the road. I was a little worried and glad when he made it home safely. I had never seen lightning in a snow storm before last week. The next morning we were awakened at 5 a.m. by our little snow-plow dude outside getting our road and driveway cleared. By 7 a.m. we had another little guy shoveling a path up to our doorway. It was a sight to see! And by 10 a.m., we had brilliant sunshine. It was a beautiful day and John couldn't resist taking out his Subaru and hitting all the snowbanks and spinning cookies. :) Its the small things in life that make us all happy, right?
Hayden and I are trying to figure out how our lives are going to turn out. I found a mom's playgroup in the area and have signed us both up for fun "mommy and me" singing classes at the local library, and John and I are planning on signing up for the tennis & fitness club around here and get back into tennis. I've decided that its really hard to move to a new area in the middle of winter. You can't go outside because its too cold and you don't know the area well enough to know the options you have for indoor activities.
Here are a couple of pictures of our living room, we are renting this place for 6 months while we look for a house. So, we look forward to moving again in 6 months (yeah, right!)
This video is one of John and Hayden playing the guitar together. I was glad to see John pick up his guitar and start playing again in the evenings. He really hasn't done that since he started grad school, it is so nice to hear him play at night. He is so talented and has a beautiful voice. Each time he plays, Hayden will come strum a few times with him :) Its tender to see.
And this video is of Hayden's new accomplishment this week! We have been working on it and she just started doing it on her own a couple of days ago. She's quite fast!
She's zipping all over the place now, crawling almost as fast as I am walking. She is taking longer naps now.... halleluyah!! So, most days I am enjoying two naps of an hour or longer. I cannot tell you how happy that makes me!! She's not saying any words or anything but she has a ball when she makes sqealing noises and then we mimic her. I think we are learning to speak baby jibberish rather than her learning english. :) John and I have learned to say "Ba ba ba" on a regular basis. But, she is a delight, a happy funny little girl and we feel so blessed to have her be a part of our lives each day.
Comments