uh-oh, the kid is MOBILE!
Yesterday Connor started crawling for the first time, 7 1/2 months!! It was so cute, but man oh man, we can already tell, that kid is going to be into everything! He is constantly trying to get to whatever it is that interests other people, whatever you have, he wants it and he seems to be able to stretch himself in umimaginable ways in order to get them!
Hayden in also doing quite well, she is a nonstop chatterbox! She is a big helper to me with Connor and is usually willing to entertain him when I need her to. The only thing that I'm constantly having to remind her is that we need to SHARE. So far, that concept is not sinking in.
John also brought home some dry ice the other day from work, it was a lot of fun to play with!
The pictures below are slightly random, but I thought I'd share them anyway.
Below are John's colleagues. His boss is at the far left. John and him have become good friends and John has been helping him with his Spanish. Next spring John will be accompanying him to Guatemala to provide volunteer anesthesia services for a week. They are both looking forward to it! To the right of John is the other two anesthesia docs he works with. They are a great group and John is really going to miss working with them. You know, it makes such a difference who you work with and John has been blessed to really enjoy laughing and working alongside such great people everyday.
Along with talking about work, I just want to brag on my husband a little bit. John rarely talks about how great he is at what he does. But, he is. John has just been recognized at work, for the FOURTH month in a row because of his outstanding patient care. Several of John's patients have written into the hospital and mentioned how kind he was to them while administering great care. He also has been requested in surgeries by previous patients. John is the kind of medical personnel that I would want to have working on me or anyone that I knew and loved. Like I said, he rarely talks - like never - about cards that are recieved and posted on the wall mentioning himself, so I just wanted to share that as well. At the risk of embarrasing John.... but I'm just so proud of him. I'm proud of what he's accomplished and I'm proud of who he is as a medical provider.
Ok. Now back to the trivial and mundane .... :)
Below is the picture of our remodeled kitchen. John did the backspash and we replaced the old countertops with granite. I also got a superdeep sink that I love. We really hope the new owners of this house love it as much as we do.... sniff, sniff!!
I am feeling our time left here in Chicago dwindling down at an increasingly rapid pace and I am determined to hit all the kid places and activities that we will be missing so much, before we leave in a few weeks. So, John and I spent a weekend in downtown Chicago with the kids a couple of weeks ago and this is the very bridge and spot that John proposed to me all those years ago, 7 to be exact. Its crazy that here we are, back again, this time married with two kids!
We also had to ride the ferris wheel at Navy Pier one last time. It has such great views of the city! Although, it is a little terrifying to ride it with a wiggly toddler who wants to push against things. Yikes!
And along with randomness, this is John and I's favorite song and youtube video at the moment. These guys are amazing!!
Comments