Puerto Rico before the Cruise

These first six pictures are from the fort walls of 'El Moro" in San Juan Puerto Rico. You could not take enough pictures. The walls were so thick and beautiful. The fort walls wound through town to provide protection around the city.







These drawings were made on one of the walls in the dungeon. It was made by a ship captain and he drew a picture of his ship!



John walking along the walls of the fort.





In Puerto Rico, there is the largest satellite dish in the world. It was in the movie, "Contact" with Jodie Foster. The readings they get are bounced from the big satellite dish into the smaller one that is rotating above it. It was really cool to see.





We went to see El Yunque the rainforest. Here is Vince, kacey, Bryan, John and I, and Amy





The cobblestone streets and houses in old San Juan were so beautiful.





The hotel we stayed at before we went on the cruise was on Luquillo beach and this was the beach across from it.



John and I drove across the island of Puerto Rico to Ponce to see the town where we (the LeBlancs) lived for a while when I was younger. We didn't have time to look for our old house, but we did find this cool firehouse station that I do remember from when I was a kid.


Comments

Popular Posts