out 'n about in PA

The other day I took off with a new friend I've made here, Marcy, and we went exploring Pittsburgh and over to Somerset, PA. Here are a couple of pictures we took...

We learned this lesson real quick... people are dead SERIOUS about being Steelers fans! DO NOT JOKE AROUND WITH PEOPLE AND TELL THEM SOMETHING CRAZY LIKE YOU ARE A PHILLY FAN.




We had a lovely lunch overhanging a cliff looking out to Pittsburgh. There are two rivers that merge together here. You can see why Pittsburgh is called "City of Bridges". I have loved all the bridges though, they are slightly different and some are so cool, it's neat to see.



Close to where we were having lunch, we could watch the funicular -- railroad incline-- come up next to us. There are several in the area.



While I'm here, I am going to periodically share some of the odder street signs that we see around. Marcy and I found so many of them. Like a sign on the garage door that said, "DO NOT PARK IN DRIVEWAY". The streets are so narrow that people have had to be creative.





This was down near Somerset, PA. We've been told that when the leaves change around here, this place is beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts