Phipps Botanical Gardens


Well, I only have a few minutes to do this while John finishes watching his favorite show, "America's Funniest Home Videos". If I ever hear him snickering downstairs alone, its because he is watching that show. It is a very endearing thing and makes me smile from wherever I am.

I have decided that I am an inconsistent blogger.... I am amazed at people who are regular bloggers and have something witty and adventurous to share, regularly. Not me, I go in spurts. Usually it has something to do with the time that I download my pictures from my camera. :)

O.k. ummm... quick update. Nothing new. :) John is doing great with his schoolwork this semester, eventhough he is completely drained and exhuasted, he is pulling A's on his exams!! I took my wreath class.. kind of a waste of time-the wreath is pretty ugly and its hanging downstairs next to the garage door. The Italian pasta cooking class was good, I learned how to make pasta from scratch from a real Italian who had an accent and everything. I took copious notes and then realized that it is WAY easier to just buy pasta at the store and realistically I don't care enough to spend the time to make pasta. But, nonetheless it was a good experience and at least I understand what is involved! Tomorrow night is my first Stained Glass class and I'm very excited for that! I anticipate making a WORK OF (highly expensive and valuable) ART that I will take pictures of and display here. :)

Today I enjoyed the sunshine and drove into Pittsburgh to see the Botanical Gardens. It was fun to explore and take pictures of the pretty flowers. It makes me happy thinking that soon little sprouts will start appearing on the trees and flowers will start to bloom. Today was like tasting a yummy appetizer for Spring!! The first flower at the top of this blog was my absolute favorite! It is a orchid from Malaysia.












There was a lot of glass pieces interspersed in the gardens by Chihuly. This piece is the first one you see, hanging from the entry way. It is pretty impressive.





Comments

liz j said…
Gorgeous photos!

I'm embarrassed to admit, America's Funniest Home Videos is my favorite show too. I can laugh and laugh and laugh. I can even watch reruns.

Popular Posts