Updates (4 at once!)

Sorry I haven't blogged lately! Below are some of the pictures of things we have been up to. John's mom, Kathy, came out to visit us for a week and we had a lot of fun showing off Pittsburgh to her. We didn't let the rain stop us!!



We found out that it rains MORE in Pittsburgh than in Seattle. So, we decided that if we can handle all the rain here then we pass the test and would be happy if we ended up in Seattle.

Well, as for John: He is THANKFULLY in the homestretch! As far as this semester is concerned. This semester is the most difficult and grueling of the whole program and let me tell you, it has been! I never see my husband, and when I do, he's completely exhuasted and more worn down than I've ever seen him. I try my best to make home a comforting, peaceful and serene place for him to relax and try and let go of things. He has moved to his second hospital rotation here in Greensburg, which is nice because he's only a 3 minute drive from home. This hospital is much bigger than the first one he started at and has given him lots of new experiences. He has done lots of C-sections and even helped deliver twins! He also has done a lot of cosmetic surgery like boob jobs and nose jobs. He's enjoying the doctors he's working with and eventhough it still is extremely stressful for him to do the things he's doing, he's doing really well and I think he's enjoying it more the more experiences he gets. Recently... just in time for finals! :)... he has picked up a nasty cold that has knocked him over. I made him stay home from church this weekend just so he could try and catch his body up with sleep. He's still not better, but I'm hoping that this weekend he can relax some more. What is a bummer, is that in the past couple of days I've started feeling achy, sniffling and getting a sore throat! yuck!

As for me... nothing too exciting. I am going to be one of the level leaders at Girls Camp this summer and although I am feeling a little overwhelmed, I am excited. In fact if any of you that have been to Girls Camp below have any fabulous and fun activities that you have done with your girls... please pass them along! I am still keeping pretty busy with Young Women, feeding our missionaries, and trying to keep home life peaceful. I've been doing a lot of cooking (as if you can't tell from our pictures!) and having fun playing with recipes. John and I are looking forward to a fun cruise next week. It is just a 3 day cruise leaving from Miami and heading to the Bahamas.



We spend one day on a private island owned by Royal Carribean and the next day on the most amazing waterslides at Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas. That is our "I made it past the hardest semester of School!" and our "three year anniversary" celebration :) Like we really need any reason to travel though. :) I am also having fun planning several other fun weekend trips this summer and looking forward to having some friends come out to visit.

Comments

Popular Posts