Quick Cruise!



Well, we went on another cruise :) John finished his finals.. he did FABULOUS, couldn't be more proud of him. He stayed strong right until the end! Then we used Skymiles and flew down to Miami, hopped on a cruise ship, ate fabulous food, slept in a crammed 4x12 foot room and loved every minute of it!



We also celebrated our 3 year anniversary!



The first day of the cruise we spent at Coco Cay, which is a little island Royal Carribean ownes. They spruced it up real nice with palm trees, colorful little housey type things and the sound of steel drums. All we did was lay in the water and be thankful that John was done with his second semester. :)



The 2nd day was all about fun! We went to Atlantis, this huge resort in the Bahamas. We have heard about their magnificent waterslides and couldn't wait to go. John is way more gutsy than me on water slides, I didn't dare go down this one. But, its pretty cool because you slide through a tunnel where the sharks are swimming around you. Now, if you look under the water, there's a second tunnel to the right. That tunnel is for another waterslide where two people go together in tubes. That one was a lot more fun.



These were timed racing slides where you got to see who was fastest. I did NOT like this one because I got a really nasty wedgie! :)



And even though this is an unexciting picture, this is what I loved the most about this waterslide park... at the end of each ride you were dropped off in this little river of water that connected you to a bigger river and you just stayed in the water until you passed by the waterslides that you wanted to ride and then you got out. I loved it because the resort was so huge (and the pavement so hot) that you could just relax and enjoy the ride. It was such a brilliant idea!





After we got off the cruise we rented a car and drove down the Florida Keys for a fast 24 hours before we flew back out of Miami. But we had the opportunity to stop by the Dolphin Research Center where I did volunteer work for a summer back in 2000. It was so much fun to watch John fall in love with the dolphins just as I did. Its not like SeaWorld at all with all its glitz and glamour, but the dolphins and the trainers (and volunteers) there all are so playful with each other. It was so much fun. Many of the dolphins I knew were still there. The oldest dolphin is 57 years old. The jumper below was Pax, the baby dolphin I played with a lot when I was there. Now he's huge!!



Everything is done in the open, so at this lagoon the dolphin on the left was giving a blood sample for the medical staff will a trainer was keeping the dolphin on the right entertained.



Comments

Deyce said…
Jeanette,
That all looks like so much fun (except for the scary water slides). Congrats on reaching the 3-year mark, and congrats to John for finishing up the school year!!

Popular Posts