Its not summer without a campout, is it?



We met up with Jennie & Marcus and the girls for a weekend of camping, s'mores, fishing, bike riding, bug bites, and exploring. We met up half way between the two of us and had a wonderful time! Although John and I are still adjusting to the daunting combination of both heat AND humidity. On that front, John has found a great tent from Costco with a *fan* in the top... does that make us wussies... maybe, I haven't made up my mind about whether or not the comfort warrants the inevitable label of "old" or "wussies" or "yuppies". I've always prided myself in being a *tough, outdoorsy* girl... but the humidity is quite awful. Anyway, I digress :)

So, here are some of my favorite pictures from our trip!














Rachel is quite the fearless explorer. While on our trip she found wild caterpillars (which we caught and she held onto for most of the bike ride back to camp), she also caught two frogs which she kept and wanted to play with. I got a series of pictures with her frog and then showing her frog to Emily who wanted to play with it but was a little freaked out until her big sister convinced her that frogs are our friends. :)



I'm not sure what she was checking out here...









Emily is growing up so fast and all of a sudden it seems like she is talking in full sentences and understands everything. I'm continually amazed at how fast kids learn and grow. Every once in a while we would realize that we hadn't heard from Emily in a while and all of a sudden we would realize why :)





We had a great time and love being able to be so close to great friends as well as family. :)

Comments

Erin said…
You are not a wuss! The heat & humidity combo is brutal! We went camping a few times in the summer while in North Carolina and I told Jonathan NEVER again. We went hiking and all the fun regular stuff... and with the humidity and sweat, you get wet. The promblem is the humidity doesn't stop, so you are sleeping in it... never having dried off and are just miserable! My advice, go camping during the winter months or spring. It looks like you all had a wonderful trip! We sure miss you guys!

~Erin
liz j said…
Using a fan anywhere east of the Rockies definitely does NOT make you a wussie. That humidity is serious stuff (from one fellow outdoor enthusiast to another). And now that you paint, is there anything you don't do?
i wish my tent had a fan in it lol...

Popular Posts