Fun weekend!



No, we did not buy this... but how CUTE is it?!!??

This weekend John and I decided to do something absolutely frivolous and purely for entertainment value... for us. We heard that "America's largest RV show" was being held in Hershey, PA and we decided to go! John and I sometimes think, dream, wonder if it would be a good idea to buy a cute little trailer for camping. What better way to get your curiousity satisfied than by being able to wander in "over 1200 RVs"!? Although we(I) really only had the stamina to wander in about 50. The picture above was one of our favorites little campers. It folds down flat and you can tow it behind a car.

The most expensive one that we saw was about $500,000 and had at LEAST 5 flat screen TVs, granite floors and counter tops, washer & dryer, huge refrigerator, king bed, leather everywhere, shower and of course had to be pulled by an 18-wheeler cab. It was like walking inside of a huge home... and yet you pay an arm and a leg for gas/maitenance/storage and can only stay in RV parks. Wow, what a deal!

The weather was PURRRRFECT, fall is definitely in the air. A little brisk, a little bit of a breeze yet still sunny and blue skies. It was fun driving over there (3 1/2 hour drive) because we hadn't really noticed that the leaves are starting to change color, around our house anyway. You would see one brillant red tree out of a sea of green, or trees that had red leaves on the top, yellow in the middle and green on the bottom.

Being pregnant really does slow me down and after walking around for several hours I was pretty beat. But, fortunately I'm feeling MUCH better, thank heavens the nausea has finally settled down.

We stayed the night in Hershey and then left early enough to drive back home on all the little back roads, criss crossing the Apalachian mountains. John was disappointed to find out that the town of Hershey does NOT smell like chocolate. After driving around with the windows rolled down and his head out the window for 20 minutes, he finally conceeded. We did think it was pretty cute that the lamp posts all have different types of Hershey kisses on top of them. :)

On the drive back, instead of taking 3 hours, it took us 8. We had a BLAST! John and I have so much fun driving on road trips together, exploring things. We drove through terribly small towns... found "Andersonburg" which comprised of 4 houses and looked like this...



I really think that these houses and little communities in the middle of nowhere are FORCED to be farms because otherwise they would all starve. There are no stores or groceries for miles and miles..

After John entertained me with his gay, german character impersonation named, Hans, (as we drove through "New Germantown" of course), we found a cool state park that had a suspension bridge and a "ice mine" that looked like a dark, cold cave (but didn't have a flashlight to explore). John had fun jumping up and down on the suspension bridge, which even had some planks missing! Very Pirates of the Caribbean...



And we also ran into a cute little town that was running an old train up through the mountains. We debated on staying for the 1 1/2 hour ride, but decided we would have to come back another time. The conductors all looked like they were straight out of the 1940's though, it was pretty fun.



All in all, it was a really fun trip... love spending time with Johnny Boy and its just great to get out and explore!

Comments

A Little Sass said…
You guys are so funny ... and cute! Oh so excited to visit. What a fun weekend. I love that you take these little adventures!
Deyce said…
What an adventure! Sounds like so much fun. I'm so glad that you're feeling better!!!
liz j said…
Soooo happy that you are feeling better! Thank heavens. It will feel like a totally different pregnancy. Love you!
Yay, what a fun adventure! The camper is very cute and I agree it would be such a fun thing to do. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Funny how the not feeling sick gets replaced by the feeling the aches and pains. I'll take the aches and pains any day over feeling barfy!

Popular Posts