No place like home!

Back in August, I had so much fun being home with my family! I just relaxed with mom and dad and was reunited with my darling first children, Simba and Nallah. Nallah is clueless as ever and Simba just wanted to be outside and get his belly scratched.



The first weekend home, we packed up the car and headed to Boise so I could visit with my brother Jacques and April, who is/was expecting their second baby (a little boy, Trent George LeBlanc) and my sweet neice Remi. They had a crazy couple of weeks with deciding to buy a new house a week before April was due and then move in a day or two before their due date. But, it always works out and they are perfectly content with their new house and new baby. Remi has just grown up to be such an adorable little girl, happy go-lucky as anything. Sure does put the pressure on though, to have an equally cute & non-annoying child....




After we returned from Boise, my aunt Jane flew in from Tulsa, OK to visit for the week. It was wonderful to see her since we missed her last Christmas. The rest of the week was just spent relaxing, watching tennis and playing games. And eating at my favorite restaurant in Moses Lake, TACO TIME!!

Now, most people don't get a chance to experience the Taco Time in Moses Lake and you must realize that it is totally different from other Taco Times. I have never eaten at a Taco Time restaurant like this. The food is absolutely so yummy! And at the time, it was about the only thing that I could eat with enjoyment. Ahh... how I love that Taco Time. :)

Even though these pictures are pretty mundane, they make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Summer evenings at home are great because the weather is cooling off, and the sunset over the lake is so pretty. My dad cleaning off the deck and patio... my mom and aunt and I talking about how great summertime is, and the cats wandering around and flopping by your feet, happy to be part of the social group. :)



The other wonderful thing about being home was having my mom and dad cook. Breakfasts on the weekends is such a great thing. My dad gets up, whistling in the morning, and then my parents both sift through the weekend newspaper as they are relaxing in their recliners. Once everyone else starts getting up my dad gets all excited about making breakfast, usually delicious omelets with toast and bacon. My mom always manages to have fresh, homemade jam and biscuits on the table as well. It just is such a happy time on weekend mornings and I just love hearing my dad whistling in the kitchen while he's taking orders for breakfast. :)
Comments