"always be prepared"

Well, I am writing this post from my new "home away from home" - my hospital room. I was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday after some high blood pressures showed up at a routine stress test at the doctors. Unfortunately after a TON of blood tests and urine tests, they diagnosed me with severe pre-eclampsia and won't let me leave the hospital until I deliver.

I have had several "freak out" attacks due to the doctors telling me that it looks like we were going to have to deliver..... now! WHAT???!!! I'm not emotionally prepared, I haven't practiced my breathing or learned deep meditation or hypnosis...! :) After being here for 4 days though, I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that I will, indeed, have to give birth- apparently sooner than later. I will be o.k. My mantra is "I am a strong woman and our little girl, Hayden, is a strong little girl, we will be o.k." I have to keep telling myself that, over and over... and over again.

They are planning on delivering her within the next week and then she will need to be in the NICU for a couple of weeks after that. From all the tests they have run on her, she is doing fabulously and is strong and healthy. With all the emotional roller coasters of the past few days, we do feel very blessed to be here at such a fabulous hospital and the doctors have been wonderful and I'm so happy that I can just trust the doctors to take care of Hayden and I.

I will post an update and pictures after our little girl is born. Even though I still have a lot of fear associated with childbirth, John and I are both so excited to have her here with us. Over Christmas we were able to get the nursery ready for her, so her new home is all ready for her. Who knew that we would need to have that ready 7 weeks early?!

Just wanted to update our friends and family, we are doing well - a little emotionally worn down, but hanging in there. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, we have been uplifted by them and appreciate them more than you know!

Comments

the Cory family said…
We are thinking of you and Hayden! Good luck Dear!
The Beckstroms said…
Thanks for the update! You continue to be in our prayers. Love you tons.
Kacey said…
good luck jeanette! you can do it!
mathmom said…
Thanks for the update! You will be in my prayers. What a crazy ride this has been. I hope all goes well and look forward to pictures of your little princess. (Don't worry. I'm sure she is a princess who likes to go on hikes and play ball.)
Sarah Shelley said…
Thanks for the update. Amy told me that she got a text saying that you had gone into the hospital. As I'm sure you know, modern medicine is amazing! Stewart came 8 weeks early and just look how fantastic he is!!! You and Hayden will be wonderful! Hang in there! You're in our prayers!
Deyce said…
We wish you the best in these difficult days. We're thinking of you!!!
Karl said…
Deyce emailed me this morning to tell me you were in the hospital. I feel your pain (at least as much as any man can) because Beth was in the hospital for 3 weeks tied up to monitors before our girls were born. I will anxiously await the good news when Hayden arrives.
wendyc said…
Sounds like quite a roller coaster! I know you are going to be a wonderful mom, Jeanette. So thankful both of you are doing well! Love Wendy

Popular Posts