Latest Pictures!



Here are some pictures that have been taken over the past few weeks, I just haven't had a chance to post them yet. Hayden seems to be doing better (knock on wood, keep your fingers crossed!!), the last 4 nights haven't had crying spells for more than 30 minutes. We've been trying to make sure that she gets lots of sleep during the day, swaddle her tight, use a noise machine, and distract her with a bath or a walk or something whenever it seems to be coming. I don't know whether she's starting (Halleluyah) to grow out of some things or this is just a welcome break in the storm, but either way... its WONDERFUL!!

During the day she is an absolute gem! She smiles and yesterday she giggled for the first time --- made me melt into a huge puddle of sappiness on the floor. I did have my camera close by and managed to get some of the smiles that she was giving me. So cute!!



One of the other amazing things that happened yesterday was that she purposefully hit this toy that dangles in her car seat and makes a twinkling noise. At first I thought it was a mistake until I watched her. She was concentrating and completely focused on that toy and then, very slowly, she would lift her hand and hit that toy to make it twinkle with noise. I watched her do this at least 7 or 8 times. IT WAS SO EXCITING!!




Here's a day out walking at Twin Lakes. The moby wrap is really nice, however when you are a sweat-er, as I myself am, then your poor baby also ends up turning into a hot, sweaty mess. I had to unwrap her about 1/2 way through to give the poor kid a break! :)



She definitely is filling out and getting chunkier. Mainly in her face, her little body doesn't hold chunkiness at all.




We've been working on holding her head up during the morning. She doesn't LOVE being on her belly but her head is getting stronger. She meets with a physical therapist once a week who works with her (and me) on helping to make sure that she is meeting her physical milestones. Although they are comparing her to other 3 month olds instead of 6 weeks old, which she really is. Right now she should be able to hold her head up this high for 5 minutes, turning completely from side to side.... we still have a lot of work :)




We finally blessed little Hayden at church this last sunday. John gave her a blessing and blessed her with good health, to be wise and choose good friends, have the courage to stand up for what is right, have a love for all people, to seek out and serve those who stand in need, be studious and have great knowledge, when the time is right seek out a worthy priesthood holder to take her to the temple one day, to listen to the guidance of her parents and stay close to them and to seek out Heavenly Father for guidance along the way. It was a beautiful blessing and a beautiful day. We were so happy to have John's friend Melanie and her husband Gary (and their adorable daughter Legacy, whose just over 1 year old) with us at church. One of the cutest things that Legacy said during church was during the passing of the sacrament. She had just taken the bread and drunk the water and then turned to us and asked, "When are they going to bring the cheeseburger?" :) We also had John's sister Jennie and her daughter, Katelyn, with us this weekend and had a lovely time with them! And when Katelyn saw Hayden for the first time, she declared that Hayden is "a little John!", so I guess we all know who Hayden is taking after :)



Cat also came to visit a couple of weeks ago. It was great timing because my arms definitely needed a break from holding Hayden all day long. Hayden fell in love with Cat and melted in her arms. Cat definitely has a gift of getting Hayden to fall fast asleep and John and I have tried to emulate her ever since she left. :) How I adore Cat, wish she could just move in!





And this last one is one of Dad giving Hayden some much appreciated dinner. :)

Comments

The Beckstroms said…
Jeanette, It is so good to hear that she is doing better! We have all been so worried about you guys and sending lots of prayers your way. I hope she keeps getting even better! They are a challenge sometimes but such a joy! And how about those cute chubby cheeks!! I want to pinch them!
That baby looks more and more like her daddy to me!

Loved the family pictures. You, Jeanette, look as beautiful as ever! XOJODY
Brinda said…
She is adorable! we can't wait to see her in real life. I am so sorry that it has been a difficult start to your sweet baby's life, but it sounds like she is doing better and hopefully will just get better from here! We love you guys!
LuAnn said…
She is really cute! She is looking like she her daddy. Glad things are looking up. Before you know it she will be starting school. Have fun with her.
mathmom said…
What sweet pictures! Those smiles and giggles just make it all worth it, don't they. I hope she continues to improve. She is such a sweetheart. Take Care!
Ahhhhhhh, what a joy! She's adorable! I'm glad things are getting better. Hopefully it just continues to improve.

Popular Posts