Housing Headaches

Since when does buying a house have to be such a pain in the rear?! We're less than 9 days away from the date we're supposed to close on this house and its just one continual soap opera. Every day or two we can count on some new issue arising with the sellers and its completely rediculous.

5 days ago they asked us to close earlier, which we couldn't, and yesterday they asked us if we can close a month LATER! A week and a half ago John and I decided that it was just too much of a pain and more than we bargained for and so we had our attorney write up a letter telling them that the contract was cancelled, well, they got wind of that and called us after church to come over and "hash it out". Which really was an opportunity for them to lay all their troubles of the housing market at our feet and ask us to "fall back in love with our house". So, we did and everything was fine for a couple of days and then the issues start up again. Ugh. Really, its rediculous.

So, as to their request from last night, we said "no" and if they back out of the contract then so be it. And if we end up with the house in 10 days then we'll be happy. But, either way, we'll just be happy to have it all over with.

I thought I would post this picture, because its so cute (to me anyway) that Hayden reads -- or pretends to -- while I'm changing her diaper. She doesn't love having her diaper changed so I figure its just her way of pretending that what's happening "down there" is not really taking place. :)

Comments

Shauntel said…
We totally hear you. We're currently waiting for a short sale to go through. It's pretty much a joke, especially with the impending bun in the oven and my ardent desire to move before it ejects! Maybe we should all just rent forever? :)

So I haven't seen Parenthood, but only because I want to start at the beginning. I'm totally sure it would be something I'd fall in love with. In fact, I asked Jess for it for Christmas, but alas...he did his shopping on Christmas Eve. :)

Oh, and Jess would totally want to watch Mythbusters instead as well. If you guys head back to Utah when you're done (or are you done?), we're for sure playing. The girls can watch Parenthood with a tissue and the men can go grunt somewhere. :)
Jennie said…
Hopefully this nightmare will be a distant memory soon, and then you can start living your dream. Hugs to all!

Popular Posts