Picture Gallery

Our adventure for Whistler, BC was to ride in a glider. We each went in a separate glider. John chose the "Aerobatics" session, while I chose just the regular "I want to stay alive" session. Planes pulled us in the air until we released the rope that connected us to the plane. From there we weaved and glided, but mostly weaved precariously, close to glaciers and mountain ridges and finally back to the ground. John's pilot did a couple of flips and stalls and finally on the second stall (where they were plumeting to the ground) John's stomach got the better of him and he retched neatly into a courtesy barf bag. When I snapped this picture back on the ground, John was still covered in sweat! In fact, I think that the pilot is still chuckling at John behind him!



We love the "Chicago Bean"!! I swear we spent an enormous amount of time there taking pictures and looking at all the different angles of the Chicago Skyline! Love it!



Do you all know how much I love a great Belgian Waffle?? Ummm-yummy! When I was with the Navy in San Diego, our hotel had an ajoining restaurant called "The Waffle Spot". Ohmigosh, seriously, it was amazing! I had to take a picture with the "Waffle king"... if only I was available!



Now, this picture is one of my favorites. It was taken at the Seattle Public Library, which is truly an architectural wonder. I found this one little spot in the library that looks down over the floors below. Well, I noticed that I was looking at a perfectly rectangular rug that happened to be split into two sections, one is the bottom half, which is a rug depicting green gardeny things, and then there's the split in the middle which is the outside of the building, and then it matches perfectly with a little garden area outside that perfectly completes the rectangle!! I was ASTOUNDED at the genius of it all. You think this is cool right??? It's not just cool for geometry teachers!

Comments

Popular Posts